File Income Taxes
Tax Assistance and Information for People with Disabilities DABC (Tax AID DABC): Through this program, we assist people who are receiving the Persons with Disabilities (PWD) benefit or the Persons with Persistent and Multiple Barriers (PPMB) benefit with simple income tax filings and information/referrals.
How We Can Help
If you are receiving PWD or PPMB and need help filing your income tax returns from past years, DABC advocates can provide the following assistance:
- Help you gather the documents necessary to file your taxes
- Meet with you one-on-one to help you file your basic income tax return
- Provide information and advice (in-person, or by phone and/or email) about filing income tax returns
- Provide referrals to community organizations in your area that can help with more complex tax returns (returns for deceased persons; individuals who file for bankruptcy; self-employed individuals; individuals who report capital gains or losses; or individuals who report employment expenses or business or rental income and expenses)
- Access advice and support for you from a chartered accountant, if your tax return is complex
An Appointment is Needed to See An Advocate
There is a high demand for one-to-one assistance from our advocates, so please call Advocacy Access to book your appointment. Thank you.
604-872-1278 in the Lower Mainland
Toll Free: 1-800-663-1278