Accessibility Project Grant 2022
Promoting Inclusion and Accessibility for People with Disabilities
Call for Proposals
We will be welcoming the submission of proposals starting on Monday, August 15th. Please ensure that you read the full Call for Proposals before applying.
BC celebrated its first annual Accessibility Week from May 27th to June 2nd, 2018. As part of the Province’s goal to improve accessibility for people with disabilities in BC, DABC was selected by the Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction (MSDPR) to distribute funding to communi0ty based “Accessibility Projects.” With the successful administration of the Accessibility Project Grants in 2018-2021, DABC was again selected to administer Accessibility Project Grants in 2022.
To see examples of past funded projects, please visit the following links:
- Successful Accessibility Projects (2021)
- Successful Accessibility Projects (2020)
- Successful Accessibility Projects (2019)
- Successful Accessibility Projects (2018)
Accessibility Projects must focus on at least one of the following:
- Accessible employment;
- Accessible emergency planning and response;
- Accessible arts, culture and tourism;
- Accessible sports and recreation;
- Accessible education and learning;
- Accessible community participation.
Funding and Disbursements
Following a community-based evaluation and selection process, DABC will disburse a total of $450,000 to successful project proponents. Organizations may apply for a minimum of $10,000 and maximum of $40,000 per project. These are one time only grants.
Successful proponents will be required to submit interim and final reports using the templates that will be provided to them by DABC.
- Applications must be received by 12:00 pm (Noon), October 7th, 2022. Late applications will not be accepted.
- Funding will be distributed to successful proponents between December 3, 2022 and January 15, 2023.
- Successful projects will submit an interim written report to DABC by June 30, 2023.
- Successful projects will submit a final written report to DABC by February 2, 2024. All projects must be completed by this date.
Eligible organizations must be BC-based not-for-profit organizations that operate primarily for community benefit and whose services are open to the public and not restricted to the organization’s membership. Organizations do not need to be a registered charity but must have a democratically elected volunteer Board chosen by its membership. National or international organizations may be eligible, but only if they have a base of operations in BC and sufficient capacity to deliver services in BC.
Governmental bodies, including municipalities, First Nations bands, and public-sector organizations are not eligible as they are targeted by other funding streams. Organizations that have a real or perceived conflict of interest with DABC or who have previously been awarded an Accessibility Grant are also ineligible.
Please read the full Call for Proposals before submitting your application.
Project proposals must be submitted electronically and consist of:
- Application Form: a signature must be included or the application will not be considered.
- Project Budget: must be submitted on the given template.
- Two letters of support from other organizations must be submitted. In addition, you may supply one additional letter from a client/potential project participant. These must each include a signature and be addressed to DABC.
- Up to two optional letters of Collaboration from Project Partners (if applicable) may be submitted. These must also include a signature and be addressed to DABC.
- All letters must be submitted as Word documents or pdfs. If they are submitted as Word documents, DABC takes no responsibility for the security of signatures that are included.
- We ask that you do not send any additional letters. Any other than the ones described above will not be considered
Forms/documents for download:
Screenreader-friendly versions of the above are also available:
- Application Form (screenreader-friendly)
- Budget Form (screenreader-friendly)
- Budget Sample (screenreader-friendly)
- All applications should be submitted via email using the subject heading “AP 2022 – Your Organization Name” to the attention of Accessibility Projects Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline of Friday October 7th 2022 at noon.
- We encourage submission as pdf due to digital security issues around signatures included in the application. If you have any issues with conversion to a pdf, you may submit as a Word document, but by doing so confirm that you will not hold Disability Alliance BC responsible for anything that occurs due to lessened digital security.
- Applications not submitted through this process will not be accepted, including applications submitted by fax or mail.
- Please do not submit any attachments other than those required.
- Due to the high number of applications received, late or incomplete applications cannot be accepted.
DABC will issue a confirmation by email. If you do not receive a confirmation, please communicate with DABC within 2 business days (no later than Tuesday, October 11th at noon). It is your responsibility to make sure your application was successfully submitted. You will not be able to revise your application after the deadline unless asked to.
Inquiries and Application Support
If you have a specific question about your application, you can reach the Accessibility Projects Coordinator, Danielle Gauld, at email@example.com. Please note that the Coordinator is not available by phone except when required for accessibility reasons or in exceptional circumstances where someone is unable to submit their inquiry by email. When possible, please limit communication to email.
We will also host online sessions during the application period where you will be invited to learn about the application process and ask questions. These will be held online on Tuesday Sept 27th from 11:30am-12:30pm and Monday Oct 3rd from 1:00pm-2:00pm Pacific Time. To be notified of any changes to these and how to participate, please sign up for the Disability Alliance mailing list here: DABC (disabilityalliancebc.org) (enter your email where it says “Sign up for Updates”).