Accessibility Project Grant 2019 Applications Now OPEN!
Promoting Inclusion and Accessibility for People with Disabilities
Disability Alliance BC is pleased to announce today, August 6, 2019 a Call for Proposals (CFP) for projects that promote greater accessibility and inclusivity for people with disabilities in BC communities. Funding of $10,000 to $40,000 per project will be disbursed to a maximum of $450,000. Proposals are due by October 18th, 2019 and funding for successful projects will be disbursed in early 2020. Please review the Call for Proposals (CFP), Application, and accompanying documents for complete details about eligible projects.
BC celebrated its first annual Accessibility Week from May 27th to June 2nd, 2018. As part of the Province’s goal to improve accessibility for people with disabilities in BC, DABC was selected by the Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction (MSDPR) to disburse funding to community based “Accessibility Projects.” With the successful administration of the Accessibility Project 2018, DABC was again selected to administer Accessibility Project 2019.
Accessibility Projects must focus on at least one of the following:
- Accessible employment;
- Accessible emergency planning and response;
- Accessible arts, culture and tourism;
- Accessible sports and recreation;
- Accessible education and learning;
- Accessible community participation.
DABC will disburse a total of $450,000 to successful project proponents. Project proponents may apply for a minimum of $10,000 and maximum of $40,000 per project.
Eligible organizations must be BC-based not-for-profit organizations that operate primarily for community benefit and whose services are open to the public and not restricted to the organization’s membership. Organizations do not need to be a registered charity but must have a democratically elected volunteer Board chosen by its membership.
National or international organizations may be eligible, but only if they have a base of operations in BC and sufficient capacity to deliver services in BC. Governmental organizations, including municipalities, are ineligible for funding.
Please ensure you review all the contents before you start the application process. Click on this link for the CFP.
We strongly encourage you to share this CFP with other organizations in your networks.
Project proposals must be submitted electronically and consist of:
- Application Form
- Project Budget; Project Budget (SAMPLE)
- Two Letters of Support
- Letter of Collaboration from Project Partner (if applicable): optional
All applications should be submitted via email using the subject heading “AP 2019-Your Organization Name” to the attention of Myung Lee at email@example.com by the extended deadline, October 18 (noon), 2019.
- Applications not submitted through this process will not be accepted.
- Applications submitted by fax or mail will not be accepted. If you have a visual impairment and require accommodations, please contact us in advance.
- Please do not submit any attachments other than those required;
- Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
*Please contact us if you have any difficulty using the fillable application forms provided.
- DABC will issue a confirmation by email. If you do not receive a confirmation, please communicate with DABC within 2 business days (no later than Tuesday, October 7th at noon). It is your responsibility to make sure your application was successfully submitted;
- You will not be able to revise your application after the deadline unless asked;
- Any late arrival of documents will be not accepted
The Extended Proposal Deadline: 12:00 pm (noon), October 18th, 2019
Key Accessibility Project Dates
|Key Date 1||Applications must be received by 12:00 pm (Noon), October 18th, 2019. Late applications will not be accepted.|
|Key Date 2||Funding will be disbursed to successful proponents between December 3, 2019 and January 15, 2020.|
|Key Date 3||Successful proponents will submit an interim written report to DABC by June 30, 2020.|
|Key Date 4||Successful proponents will submit a final written report to DABC by February 5, 2021. All projects must be completed by February 5, 2021.|
For more information about the project, please contact:
Myung Lee, Project Manager
604-875-0188 ext. 121