Registered Disability Savings Plan: Info Sessions
Our friends at Plan Institute are hosting two info sessions on the Registered Disability Savings Plan: one one May 16th at their Vancouver office, and one via tele-seminar on June 14th.
For more information and to register, please visit the followinglink: http://planinstitute.ca/registered-disability-savings-plan/
Job listing: CFO position at non-profit organization
We have been asked to post the following listing for a CFO position at another organization:
You will directly supervise the Controller and Manager of Operations, Grants & Accountability, as well as indirectly supervise the overall Finance team.
- Provide strategic management and oversight of the accounting and finance functions, including payroll and grant processing;
- Participate in the development of strategic and/or operational plans and direct related plan implementation from a finance perspective;
- Develop a sustainable financial model and contribute to the development of a business model;
- Provide internal financial data, analysis and recommendations to facilitate strategic and operational decision making;
- Work collaboratively with the Resource Development (RD) team on revenue generation, as well as seek Value In Kind and earned revenue opportunities;
- Oversee contracts and RFPs;
- Ensure financial policies and procedures are in place and ensure compliance;
- Evaluate monthly reporting protocol to department managers, including recommendations for improvements to ensure integrity and appropriateness of financial information;
- Oversee annual budget, forecasting and projections;
- Manage relationships with independent auditors and oversee the annual audit process;
- Oversee the collection, distribution and tracking of all funds as part of the financial reporting function;
- Ensure compliance with provincial and federal legislation, generally accepted accounting standards (GAAP), funding agreements and Canada Revenue Agency (CRA);
- Ensure record systems are maintained in accordance with GAAP standards, CRA and funding agreements’ terms;
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
- Oversee treasury function, including relationships with banking institutions and external fund managers;
- Ensure ongoing evaluation of technology relating to financial reporting systems, including provision of IT maintenance and support agreements and integration with fundraising and other systems;
- Oversee submission of tax returns, filings and payments of all applicable taxes and certify to the Board of Directors that all tax filings and related payments have been made; and
- Provide leadership with building, mentoring, and monitoring the Finance team’s performance.
- Build relationships with donors, corporations, industry investors and federal/provincial governments;
- Ensure a full accountability, tracking and reporting system is in place to manage commitments with key stakeholders;
- Oversee financial reporting to stakeholders, including funding bodies under the terms of the associated agreements, donors and public bodies;
- Identify and manage business and legal risks, as well as insurance requirements and relationships with insurance brokers; and
- Oversee endowment programs, management of funds and procedures.
- Professional accounting accreditation and university degree in Finance or a related discipline;
- 10+ years of experience in accounting and finance, including 5+ years in a senior management role;
- Experience in a not-for-profit environment and with fund accounting;
- Strategic planning and project management experience;
- Expertise with financial accounting software and reporting systems; and
- Knowledge of all aspects of GAAP as applied in Canada.
- Experience reporting to Boards and third party users of financial information; and
- Experience in industry, academia or government.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Competitive salaries
- Health and dental benefits
- Vacation and paid sick leave
For more info, contact:
Mercer Bradley Inc. | MercerBradley.com
Suite 500 – 666 Burrard Street
Vancouver, BC V6C 3P6
P: 778.331.7570 Ext. 6469