Job posting: BCCPD Development Officer
The Mission of the BC Coalition of People with Disabilities (BCCPD) is to support people with all disabilities to live with dignity, independence, and as equal and full participants in society. We champion issues impacting the lives of people with disabilities through our direct services, community partnerships, advocacy, research and publications.
This position will appeal to an individual who enjoys a challenge and has the ability to work independently.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Development Officer (D.O.) will have a proven track record with the skills and strategic abilities to further develop the fundraising activities of the BCCPD.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the implementation of an integrated development program to generate funds from individuals, corporations, and government agencies. The D.O. will play a key role in the development of the BCCPD’s overall fundraising plan.
- university degree or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- excellent written and verbal communication skills, professional and with a positive attitude.
- minimum three years direct experience in development and fundraising within a non-profit environment.
- in-depth knowledge of fundraising principles, theories and practices.
- demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with donors, both corporate and individuals.
- extremely well organized, analytical, flexible and detail oriented with the ability to manage priorities and meet deadlines.
- ability to work independently as well as cooperatively within a team environment.
- experienced with social media.
Initially the Development Officer will focus on six key areas:
- annual fundraiser and auction
- annual donor solicitation campaign
- employee gift fund solicitations
- planned giving
- service clubs and other potential funders
- development of fundraising committee
As these key areas increase the Development Officer will be expected to increase their responsibilities to include:
- increasing monthly giving program
- writing grants/proposals to foundations and other potential funders
- procuring sponsorships and managing related tracking and reporting
- managing fundraising database
This is a part-time contract position, initially 1.5 days per week. It is anticipated that these hours will be increased as programs are enhanced.
Compensation: is $13,000 annually.
Please e-mail your resume with covering letter to: Jane Dyson, Executive Director at BCCPDResumes@gmail.com
Deadline: June 10th (4:30pm)
No phone calls please.