Community Update: Ministry of Social Development and Social Innovation Makes Changes to Monthly Reporting

Dear Community Partner,

People receiving the Persons with Disabilities benefit (PWD) through direct deposit have until now received their cheque stubs or monthly reports in the mail. The cheque stub indicates the amount that PWD recipients are entitled to receive and provides a section that must be completed if the individual has income to report or if there is a change in their circumstances, for example, if they have married.

Starting December 2014, the Ministry of Social Development and Social Innovation (MSDSI) will no longer be mailing cheque stubs to clients unless a client specifically tells the Ministry that they want to continue receiving their stubs in the mail.

People who wish to continue receiving their cheque stubs in the mail must notify the Ministry by phoning 1-866-866-0800.

Clients who don’t tell the Ministry they want to receive their cheque stubs in the mail must access their cheque information, report income and any other changes online. To do this, clients must register with My Self Serve at

The Ministry’s My Self Serve Registration Instructions:

Step 1: If the client doesn’t have one they need to get a basic BCeID. This can be accessed through

Step 2: The client uses their basic BCeID to log in to the portal and complete their profile.

Step 3: The client needs to visit their local income assistance office to complete their registration. They must bring their identification to do this.

If you have any questions contact MSDSI at 1-866-866-0800 or feel free to call Robin Loxton or Annette Murray at 604-872-1278 or toll free at 1-800-663-1278 at our office.