DABC Job Posting: Fundraising Coordinator
DABC has been hosting an annual fundraising gala called Swing Into Spring since 2013 and in 2017 we changed it to Fall Fling. Here’s a link to information about our 2017 gala, our biggest one to date, which featured CBC’s Stephen Quinn as our emcee and well-known entertainer David C. Jones. https://disabilityalliancebc.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Fall-Fling-2017-Sponsorshipcompressed-1.pdf
We’re seeking a Fundraising Coordinator to help us identify and reach out to potential sponsors and donors for our 2018 gala. The gala will be held on September 27th 2018 at Vancouver’s Italian Cultural Centre. It will feature a dinner, live and silent auctions, entertainment, a raffle, and our Employer of the Year Awards.
We are seeking an individual with solid fundraising gala experience and ideally with contacts within the business community. We will need a commitment of 30-50 hours per month from mid- January 2018 to September 2018.
The Coordinator will work with our team on the following:
- Creating promotional gala materials for potential sponsors and silent auction donors.
- Contacting and liaising with current sponsors and auction donors and identifying new sponsors and donors.
- Managing sponsorships, auction donations and raffle prizes.
- Monitoring and updating auction donation spreadsheets.
- Recording and updating sponsor/donor activities in shared files.
- Assisting with correspondence and the gala’s promotion campaign.
- Growing our gala invitation list.
- Helping with post-event wrap-up, contributing to event recap feedback.
The Coordinator’s responsibilities will be revised according to the needs and priorities of the evolving gala planning process.
Rate per hour: $25.00
If you are interested in joining our team, please email your resume (no phone calls please) to Justina Loh at email@example.com by December 6th 2017.
Thank you in advance for your interest, we look forward to hearing from you!