PWD, PPMB and Other Provincial Benefits
Our Advocacy Access team helps people with disabilities to obtain:
- BC disability benefits: The Persons with Disabilities benefit (PWD) and the Persons with Persistent Multiple Barriers benefit (PPMB)
- Medical services and supplies, provided by the BC Ministry of Social Development and Social Innovation, to PWD and PPMB recipients
We assist people to access these benefits at application, reconsideration and tribunal.
We also help people with disabilities to:
- Resolve issues relating to the assets, earnings exemptions, eligibility and reporting requirements for PWD and PPMB benefits
- Provide assistance with BC Housing questions
- Connect with community resources including Quest Food Exchange’s low-cost grocery store
And if we are unable to assist you, our advocates will make every effort to refer you to a community organization that can.
Our Publications Library has a range of free tools for people with disabilities and their advocates.
An Appointment is Needed to See An Advocate
There is a big demand for one-to-one assistance from our advocates, so please call Advocacy Access to book your appointment. Thank you.
604-872-1278 in the Lower Mainland | Toll Free: 1-800-663-1278
Disability Benefits Wayfinder
Want to learn more about PWD and PPMB? Prosper Canada, alongside DABC, Plan Institute, and the Social Research and Demonstration Corporation, has developed a Disability Benefits Wayfinder tool to help you navigate principal disability benefits. Click on the tool below for more information on PWD and PPMB and how to get started.