Free StepUp BC Workshop for Non-Profits
BCCPD has received the following notice from StepUp BC at the Vancouver Foundation, about an upcoming workshop for non-profit organizations:
StepUp BC Invites You to a Free Workshop: Attract Talent, Retain Employees, Grow Your Non-Profit!
Are you challenged with:
• Retaining good employees?
• Finding great people in a competitive hiring landscape?
• Building a strong leadership and succession planning?
• Supporting volunteers?
StepUp BC will be offering a free one-day workshop to help you solve your human capital challenges in Vancouver on Thursday July 24, 2014. During the workshop, we’ll be showing you how you can use our resources, developed specifically for non-profits in BC, to build capacity, make the most out of your existing talent and more. We also want your feedback. Did you find our resources useful? What would you like to see more of? Your feedback will ensure our resources stay top notch and may even give us ideas for future resources!
Date: July 24, 2014
Time: 8:30 am – 4:00 pm (a light lunch will be provided)
Where: Coast Coal Harbour, 1180 West Hastings Street, Vancouver
The session kicks off with industry expert Mr. Eyyub Hajiyev presenting “Non-profit Labour Market Study and What it Means for Your Organization” the first ever comprehensive labour market study of the non-profit sector in BC. During this session you will learn:
• The composition of the BC non-profit sector labour force, wages benefits, volunteers and use of contractors with a focus on Metro Vancouver
• Expected skills shortages and strategies necessary to address the shortages
• Competitive advantages of the sector in hiring qualified staff
In the afternoon, Dr. Steve Patty will be facilitating a special training session on the “Art and Practice of Evaluating Impact.” The session is designed specifically to address the challenges faced by non-profits. During this session you will:
• Learn how to demonstrate the true value of your investment in people
• Explore and learn about evaluation design and strategy methods
• Apply evaluation strategies to prove and to improve organizational impact
Seating for this workshop is limited so, please RSVP by Friday July 18th at 5:00 pm at: http://events.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=jfx9fkcab&oeidk=a07e9hsozd5c8321e7e
See you July 24!
Registration for this event is kindly managed by StepUp BC partner, Aspect.