Job Posting: Grants and Fundraising Manager for DABC
Who We Are
Since 1977, Disability Alliance BC (DABC) has been a provincial, cross-disability voice in British Columbia. We champion issues impacting the lives of people with disabilities through our direct services, community partnerships, advocacy, research and publications.
We work to support people with all disabilities to live with dignity, independence and as equal and full participants in the community.
DABC is seeking a part-time, contracted Grants and Fundraising Manager to join our team. This is a brand new position in a burgeoning non-profit that is looking to diversify our revenue and find ways to maximize our impact. As this is a new position, the Grants and Fundraising Manager will exhibit leadership in creating grant processes and developing strategy to raise funds that will set the organization up for future financial success.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Grants and Fundraising Manager will support the implementation of a strategic approach to fundraising that will include donor relations, planned giving, a membership base, a grant writing program and the promotion of cross-sectoral partnerships.
The Grants and Fundraising Manager also plays a key role as a member of DABC’s leadership committee, contributing to the direction and leadership of the organization as a whole.
- Supports the Executive Director in developing and implementing a fundraising strategy
- Develops grant proposals and coordinates grant reporting
- Liaises with the Communications Coordinator in developing content and design for online fundraising processes and grant applications
- Identifies new organizational and individual donors, and researches potential funding applications
- Liaises with the Membership and Outreach Coordinator to maximize efficiencies and coordinate our donor and membership databases
- Identifies and cultivates prospects for major gifts
This is a part-time, fixed-term, contracted position for a flexible 20-25 hours per week based on $30 per hour. Please note that as this is a contracted position, the successful applicant would not be eligible for extended health benefits or paid time off.
DABC is currently only able to offer a fixed-term contract up to the end of the fiscal year (March 2023), with the intention that with the right candidate who assists us in raising more funds during this period we can offer a permanent, salaried position within in our organization.
The successful applicant must:
- Have a minimum 3-5 years applicable work experience
- Have experience in the non-profit sector
- Have knowledge of the Canadian donor landscape
- Have strong written communication skills and the ability to communicate complex concepts in plain language
- Be self-motivated, adaptable, and able to work effectively with a team
- Have excellent organizational skills
- Have experience with Microsoft Office, Zoom, and other online sharing platforms
The following are strong assets for this position:
- Lived experience with a disability and/or supporting people with disabilities
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to anti-oppression principles
- AFP and/or CFRE accreditation
- Experience with CRM software
- Experience with Adobe InDesign and other design software
The position is located in Vancouver, on the Unceded Territories of the Musqueam, Tsleil-Waututh, and Squamish Peoples.
This position offers a hybrid work opportunity; the successful candidate may wish to work at the office (located in downtown Vancouver) part of the time, and at home the rest of the time.
DABC is an open and diverse organization that promotes inclusive hiring practices. We encourage applications from qualified applicants who identify as visible minorities, Indigenous persons, and of all sexual orientations, gender expressions and identities. People with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
Please submit a resume and brief covering letter addressed to Helaine Boyd, Executive Director at email@example.com. No phone calls or faxes please.
Applications are due no later than midnight on September 11, 2022. DABC welcomes all applications, however, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview. Interviews will be conducted in September and the position start date will be as soon as possible.