Summer Student Job at the BCCPD
The BC Coalition of People with Disabilities (BCCPD) is seeking a student to join our team and provide administrative support for our office in Vancouver during the summer.
Our mission: For over 30 years, the BCCPD has been a provincial, cross-disability voice in British Columbia. Our mission is to support people with all disabilities to live with dignity, independence and as equal and full participants in society.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Providing administrative support to BCCPD’s different programs
– Assisting with basic case management for our Advocacy Access team
– Filing, data entry, faxing and photocopying
– Front desk reception, assisting staff and volunteers to answer the phones
– Responding to basic inquiries and information referral requests
– Greeting clients and providing excellent client service
– Researching funding opportunities and other initiatives
Desired Skills and Experience
– The applicant must work with people with disabilities in a respectful & inclusive manner
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Strong customer service skills, experience answering a busy phone line is an asset
– Sense of humour, positive attitude and a willingness to learn
– Ability to work independently, to work within a team setting and to take direction
– People with all disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for this position
This job is funded by the Canada Summer Job Program, applicants must:
– Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
– Have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year
– Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or in possession of refugee status/protection
– Be legally entitled to work in Canada
The salary for this position is $10.25 per hour. This position is 30 hours per week for 12 weeks from June 4, 2012 to August 27, 2012. Office hours are 8:30am to 4:30pm, with some flexibility for the successful candidate’s weekly work schedule. We are a dog-friendly office.
To apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter via email to Nicole Kiyooka at the BC Coalition of People with Disabilities: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be submitted by Wednesday, May 22nd 2012. No phone calls please.