TransLink Wants to Hear From You: HandyDART Modernization Program
“TransLink is launching the HandyDART Modernization Program, a package of updates designed to ensure the service remains accessible and flexible for those who need it now and in the future. The program represents one of the biggest customer improvements to HandyDART since its inception in 1980 and will prepare the region as Metro Vancouver’s population continues to grow and get older.
Between March 29 and April 25, TransLink is seeking feedback from current and future HandyDART customers, caregivers, family members, service providers, and accessibility champions on the following:
- Bringing Compass to HandyDART. Compass will launch for HandyDART customers this fall to provide more convenient payment options. With Compass and Tap to Pay, it will be easier for customers to access both HandyDART and conventional transit.
- Potential changes to fares. TransLink is seeking feedback on new fares that would decrease the amount paid by approximately 70 per cent of HandyDART users while keeping fares the same for the remaining 30 per cent. This would allow customers aged 5 to 18 and 65 and over, to pay concession rates to better match fares on conventional transit. For example, under today’s fares, a HandyDART customer over the age of 65 would pay $1.95 instead of the $3 they are currently paying with cash.
- Potential new registration process. TransLink is seeking feedback on a potential new registration process to better support customers. This would include a personal consultation with a healthcare professional who can match customers with the transit services that best meet their needs. The new process may include a combination of in-person, virtual, or phone consultation, with interview or mobility assessment components.”
For more information: https://buzzer.translink.ca/2021/03/translink-launches-handydart-modernization-program/.
Download the program poster here.
Download the media release here.