Woodlands Survivors Must Apply for Compensation by September 2011
On July 7, 2010, the British Columbia Supreme Court approved a settlement of a class action for people who lived at Woodlands. The settlement provides compensation of between $3,000 and $150,000 to each former resident who establishes that he or she was subjected to sexual, physical, or psychological misconduct or injury while living at Woodlands on or after August 1, 1974. Money is also available for counseling for these injuries.
To apply for compensation
- The Class Member, or someone acting on their behalf, must complete a claim form by September 12th, 2011
- The completed claim form must be delivered or postmarked to the Woodlands Class Action Claims Registry, #300 – 1275 West 6th Avenue, Vancouver, BC, V6H 1A6, by no later than September 12, 2011
Class Members who validly opted out of the class action on or before December 22, 2008, are not part of the settlement.
- For help in making a claim and for more information
- For a copy of the claim form
- For a copy of the settlement agreement
Please Contact: Klein Lyons http://www.kleinlyons.com
Suite 1100-1333 West Broadway Vancouver, BC Canada V6H 4C1 Phone: 604-874-7171 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org