Application deadline for HR and Admin Manager position extended to October 10th!
Want to join our team? The application deadline for the HR and Admin Manager position has been extended to October 10th!
The full job posting is below:
Who We Are
Since 1977, Disability Alliance BC (DABC) has been a provincial, cross-disability voice in British Columbia. We champion issues impacting the lives of people with disabilities through our direct services, community partnerships, advocacy, research and publications.
We work to support people with all disabilities to live with dignity, independence and as equal and full participants in the community.
DABC is seeking a full-time HR and Admin Manager to join our team. Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the HR and Admin Manager will provide oversight on all HR policies and processes, financial and operational administrative processes, and will demonstrate leadership in advancing equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) in the organization.
The HR and Admin Manager plays a critical role in ensuring that HR processes are being handled respectfully and appropriately in the organization, and alongside this, supports the ED in ensuring that financial and operational aspects of administration are running smoothly. The HR and Admin Manager also plays a key role as a member of DABC’s leadership committee, contributing to the direction and leadership of the organization as a whole.
- Oversee all personnel files
- Manage and update all HR policies and practices
- Advance the principles of EDI in the organization, including streamlining within HR policies and practices
- Coordinate extended health insurance
- Work with senior staff to oversee recruitment, training and performance assessment of all staff
- Be a resource for all staff on all human resources-related issues.
- Oversee and monitor any professional development opportunities for staff
- In liaison with other admin staff, coordinate and maintain a record of all supplier, insurance and lease contracts
- Support ED and senior staff on budget allocation, cheque requisition, invoicing and cheque processing
- Support Financial Coordinator and ED with annual audit
- Oversee compliance and due diligence obligations
This is a full-time, permanent, salaried position at $60,000 per year.
This position offers the following benefits after a three-month probationary period:
- 15 days of paid vacation annually
- 18 days of paid sick leave annually
- 100% of the cost of extended health and dental care benefits
- 2 weeks of paid time off during DABC’s annual holiday office closure in December.
- Minimum 5 years applicable work experience
- Experience in the non-profit sector
- Demonstrate leadership and commitment to anti-oppression principles
- Knowledge of BC labour laws and other relevant legislative requirements
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to address conflict with empathy and kindness
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Zoom, and other online sharing platforms
- Be able to take initiative by identifying and addressing rooms for improvement in the organization
The following are strong assets for this position:
- Lived experience with a disability
- Lived experience as a member of an equity-deserving group
- Training in trauma-informed practice
- Training related to mental health support in the workplace
- Certification/professional training in human resources
- Understanding and demonstrated experience in change management strategies
The position is located in Vancouver, on the Unceded Territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
This position offers a hybrid work opportunity; the successful candidate may wish to work at the office (located in downtown Vancouver) a few days a week and at home the rest of the time.
Importantly, we are looking for people who want to make a long term commitment to our organization and have a strong desire to assist people with disabilities as well as further the impact of our organization.
DABC is an open and diverse organization that promotes inclusive hiring practices. We encourage applications from qualified applicants who identify as visible minorities, Indigenous persons, and of all sexual orientations, gender expressions and identities. People with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
Please submit a resume and brief covering letter addressed to Helaine Boyd, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or faxes please.
DABC welcomes all applications, however, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview. Interviews will be conducted in September and the position start date will be as soon as possible.