Federal government announces new Canadian Disability Benefit
We are excited to hear the federal government’s plans to introduce a new Canadian Disability Benefit, modelled after the Guaranteed Income Supplement for seniors. The new benefit was announced during today’s speech from the throne. We will share details about the new benefit as soon as they are available.
To read the highlights of today’s Throne speech, click this link:
DABC hiring Executive Director: Operations (one year contract)
DABC is hiring an Executive Director: Operations. The position is full time and temporary (one-year).
The ED: Operations is a fast paced and demanding position, and the successful candidate must be motivated to work towards positive social change for the disability community.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Managing a diverse range of issues with maturity, leadership, and vision.
- Work in close partnership with the ED: Programs and Policy.
- Lead a complex and dynamic team with individuals ranging in abilities.
- Respond in a thoughtful, mission focused, and timely manner to disability issues as they arise.
- Work collaboratively with the Board of Directors.
- Flexibility to work in a dynamic environment with shifting priorities and tight deadlines.
To learn more, please see the job posting: https://tinyurl.com/y3d7mlnf
Sign up with My Account to submit your DTC application quickly!
If you have not yet applied for the Disability Tax Credit (DTC) and you would like to do so, you have until September 25, 2020 to get your application submitted to the Canada Revenue Agency in order to be considered for the $600 federal COVID-19 benefit.
It is a good idea to set up your CRA MyAccount and submit your DTC application online, as postal services have been delayed during the COVID-19 crisis.
Sign up here: